Cyclists wanted for training research to complete from home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobJHM

Dear cyclists,

On behalf of the sport and exercise psychology research group at Edge Hill University (UK), I am reaching out to you as we are actively looking for endurance performers to take part in our latest study.

The study requires exercisers to complete a short online survey before and after an endurance/aerobic training session of their choice. This can be any type of training session (e.g., high or low intensity) completed indoors or outdoors.

Those who take part will be helping further our psychological understanding of endurance performance while learning about how cognition and mood relate to exercise performance.

Please see links to both surveys below. Please also see a project poster and instruction sheet attached for more information. For any queries please contact the researcher, Rob Hyland-Monks: 23735147@edgehill.ac.uk. Thank you in advance.

Pre-exercise survey: https://buff.ly/3ctttys | Post-exercise survey: https://buff.ly/3wb4QhG

Attachments

• Poster.jpg
    Poster.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Instructions.jpg
    Instructions.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 11

Sharky

Guru
Just my luck, nobody wants me?
I'm too old!

They took me and I'm more than 55.
Pity they want everything in French units. Can't say I guessed at conversion rates!
Edge Hill is where we have to go for our virus jabs. I'll give the guy a wave when I pass him tomorrow morning.

Remember...Edge Hill calls itself a University- doesn't everywhere these days. In reality it is a teacher training college.

OP
OP
RobJHM

RobJHM

Can you explain to me why 55 is the upper age limit when the UK has an aging population?
Thanks for the question. The main reason we selected this age range was to allow for meaningful comparisons based on age without it becoming a confounding variable in respect to the measures we are interested in.

OP
OP
RobJHM

RobJHM

Since the OP is unlikely to respond, I'll just offer that as an institution of higher education which awards degrees in multiple disciplines, and which conducts research, Edge Hill is a university.
A well-performing university at that, winning Times university of the year not too long back. 👍

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
@RobJHM, sounds like a good research project- hope you get enough people signed up.

Should you consider starting a second research paper about the benefits of cycling past the age of 55 then you'll get hundreds of people eager to have a go!

Don't take the more ;'direct' comments seriously- CCers can appear to be grumpy but we're all kind old fogeys when you meet us! Well, apart from Drago, obviously.

OP
OP
RobJHM

RobJHM

@RobJHM, sounds like a good research project- hope you get enough people signed up.

Should you consider starting a second research paper about the benefits of cycling past the age of 55 then you'll get hundreds of people eager to have a go!

Don't take the more ;'direct' comments seriously- CCers can appear to be grumpy but we're all kind old fogeys when you meet us! Well, apart from Drago, obviously.
Thanks for your kind words and I’ll bear your comments in mind. I’ve explained in an earlier reply that the age range selected for the study was by no means ageist!

Top Bottom