Cyclo Cross . Todmorden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Does that sign say 'unsuitable for motors'?
It does, but there is always some idiot whose brain is switched off but whose SatNav is switched on and 'orders' them to go where they shouldn't ...

cycleway-no-through-road.jpg

unsuitable-for-motors.jpg

driving-up-the-buttress.jpg

D'oh! :wacko:

He got up as far as the collapsed wall, and then had to reverse all the way back down again. Even if the wall hadn't collapsed, the car still wouldn't have got through the narrow gap at the top where I was standing!

potsy

Rambler
Colin- Was thinking more of a leccy motor fitted to my bike :tongue:

psbr69

Some weirdos have been wishing on the winter 'cross season for months, but there's no escaping that it starts in just 1 months time.

There's been plenty of action in the classifieds threads with 'cross frames changing hands, so hopefully plenty on people will be giving one of cycling's most accessible disciplines a go.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I did a horrible MTB race back in about 1992 when people still raced mountain bikes; it was ten shortish circuits of a steep-sided little valley with two deep stream crossings. I was determined not to pack and by the end of my tenth lap everybody else had given up and people were going home. I think I was the last to finish.

trio25

Über Member
Did anyone go to this race? I was there, it was very very muddy! Great fun, I walked the cobbles!

VamP

Banned
Great pics. Having read crossjunkies's account of this year's event, it sounds like a must do :biggrin: Shame it's so far!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yeah, great photos. How did you tile them like that, or did the forum software do it automatically?
Ha - I've just realised that you've merged them all into one big photo!

DTD

Veteran
Thanks – it was a good day out and like many cycling events easy to get close to the action and get pictures.
I just got a selection and creating a big blank picture in PhotoShop and scaled the pictures to fit, each on a different layer (use a grid to align them).

Second year I've been – last year's (less muddy) photo selection is here:

tod-cyclocross-montage.jpg

Attachments

• tod-cyclocross-montage.jpg
    tod-cyclocross-montage.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 48
Top Bottom