Cyclocross bike for commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
sleekitcollie said:
Hi I also ride a Specialized Tricross sport 2010 . Mostly on roads so far but will take it off road soon . Seems a nice bike not as comfy as my mountain bike over bumpys etc but that's to be expected and as my 1st non mountain bike it will take time to get used to . Thinking off changing the tyres for something bit more road based to see if it makes any diff in speed , although I susspect it may be my old legs that have the prob there and not the tyre type . Anybody help with alternate tyre suggestion that would fit .
I kept the suicide brake leavers on and find them very usefull alhough I can't get by barbag on with them but will keep em I think
only 1 issue with it so far is toe overlap . U have to be pretty carefull as it's quite bad and I've caught the wheel and mud gaurd a few times and came off once as well because of it . Bike is a size 52 so pretty small don't know if bigge size would make a difference here
overall I'm liking the bike and plan to tour a wee bit as well and as it can take front and rear racks it's ideal . Really ur getting 3 types of bike in 1 . Off roader . Tourer and road bike ( even if not the fastest )

I have the same problem on a 58cm Kona JTS, so i don't think its a size issue. I think (tho maybe mistaken) its more likely due to the compact geometry of cx bikes.

gouldina

Stephenite said:
I have the same problem on a 58cm Kona JTS, so i don't think its a size issue. I think (tho maybe mistaken) its more likely due to the compact geometry of cx bikes.

My brother-in-law has the same bike (Voodoo Limba) as me in a smaller size and he's mentioned this. I haven't found it a problem though so it might be different for bigger bikes.

OP
OP
brickisred

brickisred

New bike arrived yesterday!!!
View attachment 5898
With working overtime and out tonight and Friday, don't have a chance to test ride it until Sat... Bah! (May go out early hours of the morning on Thurs....Shhh, don't tell the gf!)

Ta Norm for advice and the vid, the last part is more like some of the trails I'll be riding, when I've got used to the bike

Norm

What a lovely looking bike. ;) Hope that you bond, brick. ;)

Just one thing, and it's probably because you have only just put it together, but the QR lever on the front wheel is pointing forwards at the moment. Make sure you swing that round a few degrees and snitch it up behind the fork, you probably wouldn't want a stray branch to be opening that whilst you ride.

Top Bottom