Cyclocross frames carbon vs aluminium..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
Purely anecdotal, but a mate was in conversation with a team manager who claims he's going back to Alu frames next season as CF can't take the battering over time. I guess he's had to replace more than one frame over the course of the last few months.

outlash

also available in orange
You get good and bad made from any material. I'm planning to get a new crosser later in the year and I see no reason not to stick with alu personally. I like mine to double up as a foul weather road bike so having mudguard mounts and bottle bosses are something I look for. You don't tend to see those on CF frames.

Had no probs(so far:rolleyes:) with my Planet X XLS,which has had nearly 18 months of commuting abuse including pot-holes,crap weather,idiots plonking their bikes on top on trains etc.

Different bikes suit different people, I used to race on a ALU Cannondale CX9 at the time its seemed ok and was happy with it as I knew no different. . When my daughter started racing I built up a carbon bike from a frame, cant remember the model but it was the fore-runner to the Dedacciai Super Cross, what a difference, the Cannondale felt like a ageing old dog compared to it, the carbon felt like a lively springer spaniel.

Top Bottom