Cyclocross or Hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
axwj29

axwj29

I just thought I'd update this thread as there are so few reviews of the Invite 2 online. I absolutely love the bike, I'm cycling far more than I thought I would and get grumpy if something stops me getting out at the weekend. I've only really cycled up to 20 miles at a time so far, mainly because I hadn't cycled for years and that is all my backside can cope with at the minute!

I'm so pleased I went for this bike, I love the drop bars (as I did when I was a kid), but equally love that I can head out on mucky tracks as well as roads. The bike feels really responsive, I used to be tentative downhill but am pushing it a bit more each time as I trust the bike (and myself more).

I do still struggle uphill at times, but that's because I hadn't cycled for years and I do live in a hilly area. However, I find I can push through it and am using 'granny gear' less each time I head out.

^_^:bicycle::thumbsup:

Tim O

Über Member
Delighted you're pleased with the bike - it looks good to me. And the important thing is, whatever bike you've got, you're cycling and enjoying it!

I agree about women's bikes. I had thought there was no real difference until last summer when I went with my wife when she was getting a new bike. I was eulogising about the various men's bikes in small at our LBS and persuaded her to try some out but I could tell she wasn't that enthusiastic (you pick up signs from a wife!). Then James (LBS guy) explained all about the geometry of women's bikes - she took one out and loved it!

Annieshaf

Hi glad you are enjoying your new bike. I still love mine, was gutted when it got stolen just before Xmas but was lucky enough to see it on eBay and the police recovered it.
I have also noticed that there are not many reviews online which is a shame as it is such a fun bike.

You will soon be increasing your mileage if you enjoy it as you will be out more and more often, especially once the weather improves. I have cut down a bit recently with Xmas, the weather and not being able to get out as often but managed to get out for a 30 miler this week.

OP
OP
axwj29

axwj29

Thank goodness you got yours back Annieshaf! I do indeed plan to get out more and more.. the main limiting factor at the minute is my sore ass!!

Top Bottom