cyclosport.org

ash68

there seems to be some politics going on in the sportive world. Some posts and sportive rides have been deleated from the website. I don't do politics, I just ride my bike, but there seems to be problems starting to surface. I know it's on another website, but anyone able to give me a clearer picture as to what the problems are.Is it just different organisations trying to organise/promote their own websites or is there more to it?Can't seem to get an answer on the other website.

dang.

i was hoping to try and do some next year.

keep us informed, it'll be a shame as there's a growing interest in this type of event.

L

OP
A

ash68

laurence, still plenty of events on the website, but there seems to be alot of bickering and arguments going on between,as yet unnamed individuals/organisations.Was hoping someone here might be able to through some light as to what's going on in the sportive world

Hugo15

Über Member
Ash - the posts have been deleted now. Hopefully everyone has "kissed and made up" and we can just get on with enjoying sportives in 2008.

By the way, i had no idea what was going on either!!

I hadn't noticed this. What was happening ?

I must admit I've been irritated by some of the posts on there - the whole atmosphere being about how hard a sportive can be, how toughest is best, how rough&tough you need to be to do sportives, how my sportive is better than anyone else's, etc

There are a few strong-in-the-legs-weak-in-the-head riders on there I think :blush:

Hugo15

Über Member
Tend to agree with you Andy. There seems to be some sort of competition between the organisers to be the toughest/most metres of climbing sportive on the calendar.

Christopher

Über Member
Interesting thread. It illustrates why I'll probably never do another sportive. I'd race if I wanted that level of competition!

OP
A

ash68

cheers hugo15, as you say, no sign of the last few days unpleasantness on the site now. I hope everythings back to normal.
andy-wrx agree there does seem to be an element of competition between some organisers for the hardest'/toughest events. I just want a pleasant,but hard ride with good countryside and likeminded friendly people. I enter the events to compete against myself to finish the ride and enjoy the day. Anything more competitive I'm not interested in.

RedBike

Yes, A big cycling organisation (I wont name) want to take over from Cyclosport.

Top Bottom