cyclosport.org

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash68

there seems to be some politics going on in the sportive world. Some posts and sportive rides have been deleated from the website. I don't do politics, I just ride my bike, but there seems to be problems starting to surface. I know it's on another website, but anyone able to give me a clearer picture as to what the problems are.Is it just different organisations trying to organise/promote their own websites or is there more to it?Can't seem to get an answer on the other website.

dang.

i was hoping to try and do some next year.

keep us informed, it'll be a shame as there's a growing interest in this type of event.

L

OP
OP
A

ash68

laurence, still plenty of events on the website, but there seems to be alot of bickering and arguments going on between,as yet unnamed individuals/organisations.Was hoping someone here might be able to through some light as to what's going on in the sportive world

Hugo15

Über Member
Ash - the posts have been deleted now. Hopefully everyone has "kissed and made up" and we can just get on with enjoying sportives in 2008.

By the way, i had no idea what was going on either!!

I hadn't noticed this. What was happening ?

I must admit I've been irritated by some of the posts on there - the whole atmosphere being about how hard a sportive can be, how toughest is best, how rough&tough you need to be to do sportives, how my sportive is better than anyone else's, etc

There are a few strong-in-the-legs-weak-in-the-head riders on there I think :blush:

Hugo15

Über Member
Tend to agree with you Andy. There seems to be some sort of competition between the organisers to be the toughest/most metres of climbing sportive on the calendar.

Christopher

Über Member
Interesting thread. It illustrates why I'll probably never do another sportive. I'd race if I wanted that level of competition!

OP
OP
A

ash68

cheers hugo15, as you say, no sign of the last few days unpleasantness on the site now. I hope everythings back to normal.
andy-wrx agree there does seem to be an element of competition between some organisers for the hardest'/toughest events. I just want a pleasant,but hard ride with good countryside and likeminded friendly people. I enter the events to compete against myself to finish the ride and enjoy the day. Anything more competitive I'm not interested in.

RedBike

Yes, A big cycling organisation (I wont name) want to take over from Cyclosport.

Top Bottom