Cytech courses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I was pondering on taking one of the Cytech courses and winding down my working years left with something I enjoy very much. Anyone on here done the course? I am good at working on my own bike but feel others would like the piece of paper that says you know what you're doing.

Sharky

Guru
Think it would be good. Looked through the course contents and it looked quite basic, but I remember being sent on a basic excel course after years of working on lotus 123 and there was so many very simple things that I learned that I simply would not have picked up thru trial and error.
So it will reinforce what you already know and teach you some new stuff as well and you get a certificate!

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
but I remember being sent on a basic excel course after years of working on lotus 123 and there was so many very simple things that I learned that I simply would not have picked up thru trial and error.

Are you suggesting that, like Excel, a bike has lots of hidden and undocumented, but useful, functions ?

vickster

Legendary Member
I was pondering on taking one of the Cytech courses and winding down my working years left with something I enjoy very much. Anyone on here done the course? I am good at working on my own bike but feel others would like the piece of paper that says you know what you're doing.
If you fix other people’s bikes, make sure you have the appropriate indemnity insurance

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, qualified to Cytech Technical 2 a good 13 or 14 years ago. It didn't teach me anything I didn't already know from a lifetime of cycle ownership and self maintenance, but the jobs insurers wanted anyone working on bikes to have a formal qualification,

clid61

Veteran
I did it 2 years ago , and as Drago says , I did it for the piece of paper , as I knew and could do most of it anyway , go for it you'll enjoy it .

Top Bottom