Daffodils

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I suspect that the 'health officials' at the centre of the article actually have Darwinism Prevention Officer printed on their business cards.

My mum's work mate ate daffodils; flowers, stalks, bulbs and all, as a bet in the army for an ounce of tobacco.

He died...

...forty years later.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

We saw this on the news. TBH I suppose it would be very easy to mistake those bulbs that are bagged up and marked 'daffodils' with the other things marked 'onions' :wacko:

my brother ate daffodil bulbs instead of onions and finished up in hospital, i phoned to ask how he was doing ......they said he will be out in spring

ive already got my coat

midlife

Guru
Many years ago I ate the flowers off the table at Dickens & Jones as a protest against the price of a pot of tea !!

Don't remember any daffodils though :smile:

Shaun

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Many years ago I ate the flowers off the table at Dickens & Jones as a protest against the price of a pot of tea !!

Don't remember any daffodils though :smile:

Shaun
Why didn't you just take the tea-pot. I was very tempted to do that very same thing, years ago in a coffee shop called Olivers. They had matching tea-pots, mugs and milk jugs. A pot of tea for 2 was a heck of a price. I was seriously tempted to have the mugs, pot and milk jug away but I didn't quite dare.

stephec

Legendary Member
Why didn't you just take the tea-pot. I was very tempted to do that very same thing, years ago in a coffee shop called Olivers. They had matching tea-pots, mugs and milk jugs. A pot of tea for 2 was a heck of a price. I was seriously tempted to have the mugs, pot and milk jug away but I didn't quite dare.
Is that because you're not a tea leaf?

midlife

Guru
I wanted to make a point in front if the waitress, running off with the teapot would gave come a poor second to wolfing down the flowers in front of her. Tasted awful lol

The girl I was with was less than impressed!

Shaun

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'm struggling to remember what word gets turned into daffodil.
Is it daffodil?
Ahhh. I see it is.
Right. Nothing like a garden full of daffodils in the spring!

Top Bottom