Daffodils

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I suspect that the 'health officials' at the centre of the article actually have Darwinism Prevention Officer printed on their business cards.
 

MossCommuter

Legendary Member
Location
Salford
My mum's work mate ate daffodils; flowers, stalks, bulbs and all, as a bet in the army for an ounce of tobacco.

He died...

...forty years later.
 

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Location
Land of Lincoln
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.
 
We saw this on the news. TBH I suppose it would be very easy to mistake those bulbs that are bagged up and marked 'daffodils' with the other things marked 'onions' :wacko:


my brother ate daffodil bulbs instead of onions and finished up in hospital, i phoned to ask how he was doing ......they said he will be out in spring














ive already got my coat
 

midlife

Legendary Member
Many years ago I ate the flowers off the table at Dickens & Jones as a protest against the price of a pot of tea !!

Don't remember any daffodils though :smile:

Shaun
 

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Many years ago I ate the flowers off the table at Dickens & Jones as a protest against the price of a pot of tea !!

Don't remember any daffodils though :smile:

Shaun
Why didn't you just take the tea-pot. I was very tempted to do that very same thing, years ago in a coffee shop called Olivers. They had matching tea-pots, mugs and milk jugs. A pot of tea for 2 was a heck of a price. I was seriously tempted to have the mugs, pot and milk jug away but I didn't quite dare.
 

stephec

Squire
Location
Bolton
Why didn't you just take the tea-pot. I was very tempted to do that very same thing, years ago in a coffee shop called Olivers. They had matching tea-pots, mugs and milk jugs. A pot of tea for 2 was a heck of a price. I was seriously tempted to have the mugs, pot and milk jug away but I didn't quite dare.
Is that because you're not a tea leaf?
 

midlife

Legendary Member
I wanted to make a point in front if the waitress, running off with the teapot would gave come a poor second to wolfing down the flowers in front of her. Tasted awful lol

The girl I was with was less than impressed!

Shaun
 

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Moderator
Location
The TerrorVortex
I'm struggling to remember what word gets turned into daffodil.
Is it daffodil?
Ahhh. I see it is.
Right. Nothing like a garden full of daffodils in the spring!
 
Top Bottom