Daftest (maybe)/closest to folk you've ever freecamped/bivvied

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Is that your feeling about it, or where you were? Or both?

You lost me. Again please.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Just to the North of Scarborough castle next to the 'No camping' sign.
On the grass verge next to the A19 where it leaves Fulford - very noisy but we were exhausted and managed to sleep.
6" from the edge of the B846 at Bridge of Ericht. Probably too close for comfort but again I was exhausted and if any traffic went past me in the night I didn't hear it.
In the cab of a crane in a working quarry. Was gone before the workers arrived in the morning.

Probably lots of others but a long time ago so can't remember. Only time I've been moved on was at Scarborough but that was because we broke one of the golden rules of stealth camping and stayed more than one night. Think we were there three nights before we were discovered.

snorri

Legendary Member
I discovered quite late at night that my landlord had given me the wrong key for the house in which he had offered me a room with B&B. It was too cold in the bus shelter so I went to the only place that was showing any lights and pleaded for a space to shelter, which was the reason I spent the rest of the night with my head covered by my jacket in a big comfy chair in the reception area of a German gentleman's club.

alicat

Legendary Member
But it's sand from the Riviera!

Er no, it's sand from the Atlantic. Still quite plush all the same compared to -4ºC.

Top Bottom