Dahon Mariner D8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Just bought a new Dahon Mariner D8 . Its freezing here so won't be out for its maiden voyage this week. Anybody else here got one ? I was going to get a Halfords Carrera folder but the Dahon looked a better job. How are they for reliability ?

My Dahon is a bigger wheeled folder but in its 12 year of all weather commuting and still on the original bottom bracket. It is easy to economise on hidden components but Dahon equip their bikes properly.

OP
OP
rustybolts

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Let’s see a pic
Wrestled it into a carry bag , it will have to do train and

it will have to do bus and train journeys and its heavier than I thought !

Smudge

Veteran
If you can do without the rack, then remove it. The rack on my Dahon is steel and it was noticeable how the bike felt lighter when i removed it.
Folders always feel heavier when they are folded up. You have to spend thousands to get a light folder under 10kg.

OP
OP
rustybolts

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
If you can do without the rack, then remove it. The rack on my Dahon is steel and it was noticeable how the bike felt lighter when i removed it.
Folders always feel heavier when they are folded up. You have to spend thousands to get a light folder under 10kg.
yes Smudge I will remove the rack , every little bit of weight reduced will make it a bit easier to carry around

Smudge

Veteran
yes Smudge I will remove the rack , every little bit of weight reduced will make it a bit easier to carry around

I have a 2012 Vitesse i7 and i've been very pleased with the quality of Dahons and the way they ride. Your Mariner should be even lighter than mine, as you have derailleur gears, instead of the IGH i have.

Top Bottom