Dahon P7 - Views on ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BikingChris

Hi,

Ive got a good deal on a Dahon P7, couldnt test ride, anyone any thoughts on ?

Will be getting a lot of bike for the money, 7 speed hub, al frame load of extra's etc

Cheers, Chris.

OP
OP
BikingChris

BikingChris

Must admit, thats a surprisingly close spec for the money, nearly had a heart attack thinking that Id nearly lot out, but I can get the Dahon P7 for just over £350 new.

Good point mind, significiant price difference if buying close to full price for Dahon, a no brainer in that case

Thanks.

chugsy

This the deal at Evanscycles? RRP at 800 quid is mental IMO. The Decathlon folders follow the fold design of Dahons but aren't Dahon licenced/rebadged Dahons that I know of - quality is a bit short compared a Dahon. Also, didn't Decathlon put the prices up on the Hoptown last year? The derailleur version used to be £250 which was worth a punt - not so keen at 300 as Speed D7s are often discounted to this price. P series dahons have "Premium" upgrades too - the wheels and tyres tend to be much better as are the brakes, grips, saddle etc...
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/dahon/mu-p7-2011-folding-bike-ec022576#features

I own a 2008 Speed P8 and was impressed at the time by the high level of spec - especially compared to the D7 which was only one step down the Dahon ladder.

OP
OP
BikingChris

BikingChris

Same bike, but can get slightly cheaper, and all feedback had so far feels right so.... thanks and...

Got it on delivery at the moment - cant wait for it to arrive tmr !

Now just got to stop buying stuff for a while...!

Top Bottom