Daily Commuter - Mountain Bike Rider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi guys & girls.

I didn't know a forum like this existed until the BBC highlighted it!
I've been searching everywhere... obviously using the wrong keywords.

Anyway... My intro...

Well I've recently started my commute daily... only around 2miles a day but it's exercise non-the-less. And I ride trails on the weekend (Mainly Calder Valley Greenway).
I am a double heart patient at 23... so keeping fit will hopefully keep me going longer!

I ride a Carrera Vengeance Race 20" (26" wheeled) mountain bike... Seems an ideal, very well spec'ed hardtail for a sub-£300 price.
(yes, it's a Halfords jobbie... but it's not about what you ride... It's about the smile your ride puts on your face... And this bike does that well!)

Chose a hard tail over a road bike mainly because of the state of Yorkshire roads... road bikes have a habit of falling to bits all over the pavement on these roads! Secondly, I wanted a bike I could commute on yet I could also take on trails, off-road and little childish jumps on the weekend.

Waiting for some Schwalbe Crazy Bob tyres (26x2.35) to turn up in the post which will make the bike more road friendly yet keep it as pothole absorbing as it is now.

Anyway... I've waffled on enough now! Thanks for having me and I hope your all good with advice... Because I'll be asking a lot of questions! :whistle:

Steve H

Large Member
Welcome smithyandco
wave.gif

I'm just down the road from you in Brighouse. I regularly ride along the Calder Valley way and also along the Spen Valley Greenway.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi smithyandco!

I wondered how long it would be until somebody got here via that mention by the BBC...

I live in the Calder Valley too, but right up the other end of it. It's funny, but I always think of it being between Todmorden and Sowerby Bridge, but of course - it doesn't actually stop there!

Top Bottom