Dales Mountain Biking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SoulOnIce

Dales Mountain Biking is a Mountain Biking Centre in the Yorkshire Dales. I'm new to mountain biking and I went there this weekend with a mate who is a newbie like me and another fella who is pretty experienced.

It is run by Stuart and Brenda Price. I didn't get to speak to Brenda much when I went, but Stuart is a very friendly, knowledgeable and funny guy.

They have:
- a bike shop - and they do repairs
- cafe selling cakes, tea coffee, etc
- a cycle hire shop
- shower facilities
- bike washing facilities
- accommodation in bunk houses
- they also offer biking weekends, training courses and bike repair courses

All I can say is my experience of the place was first rate. We explained to Stuart that there were two newbies and we wanted a route challenging but not impossible. But it had to be interesting enough for our more experienced mate.

Both days Stuart gave us routes that were bang on - challenging, enjoyable and just long enough (but not too short). Both the rides gave spectacular views of the Dales.

The two newbies hired bikes from the centre. The bikes were decent enough, well maintained and made our riding fun.

The accommodation was a in a four bed bunk room with a separate toilet and shower room shared with another bunk room. Beds were basic but to be honest I was well worn out from the cycling so they were more than adequate. Other facilities were fine.

It cost £21 per person per night and included a great full cooked breakfast (veggie option available) plus (decent) coffee, cereal, toast etc. Cycle hire was on top of this but was reasonable as he only charged us for two half days despite us being out for a little longer than half a day each time.

I can't comment on the quality of the training courses as I did not go on them. But I can say the centre is a first rate place, well run by people who know the area and who will give you a route to suit whatever standard you are at. It was a pleasure my hard earned money to people so pleasant and professional.

Whether you are experienced or a beginner and you want to spend a few days out in the country biking I would recommend trying this place out.

I got the bug and hope to be getting my own MTB soon and I will be going back to the dales Mountain Biking Centre again.

Check out the website clicking on the link at the start of this review. There's loads of info about what they do.

Top Bottom