Dallas is back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
How strange. I was expecting an overwhelming outpouring of enthusiastic, even euphoric, approval.
It's simple. CC doesn't do camp. And, say what you like, Dallas is camp.

Larry Hagman has a nice line
'People say that it’s sexy and trashy. If you call screwing your wife’s sister sexy, then perhaps it is. To me, it’s just all in the family'

Cheddar George

oober member
I am way too busy trying to solve this Rubik cube, i shall have to Betamax it and enjoy it later.

OP
OP
asterix

asterix

Comrade Member
I don't watch much dross on tele, but I must admit I am looking forward to seeing this return.

Oh well that'll have to do. Thanks Brian, you have restored my faith. But not much; it isn't that I have ever watched Dallas but I had been led to think it was an important part of British culture. The sort of thing people in Mumbai call centres are expected to know about and are studying as we speak.

lordloveaduck

I watched it just to see what they all look like. Some things should not be brought back.......
Haven't they learnt there lesson from watching 'Jurassic Park'

Arch

Married to Night Train
Dallas used to come on about my bedtime, so the very music causes in me a reflex responce to sit very still and quiet in the hope that I'll be forgotten about...

Although we as a family didn't actually watch it, only the opening music before someone got up to change channels.

Gosh, remember that, when you had to GET UP to change channels!

Watched it for a while the first time around - won't be bothering this time. It's not like I need another dose of Dallas. The last version gave me life-long immunity.

Or do I mean allergy?

OP
OP
asterix

asterix

Comrade Member
I watched it just to see what they all look like. Some things should not be brought back.......
Haven't they learnt there lesson from watching 'Jurassic Park'

If you mean dinosaurs, or a yet another sequel to Jurassic Park, or both, then the answer is Yes and No. Jurassic part 4 is to arrive by 2014 but still no real dinosaurs. Although isn't Dallas a kind of dinosaur? Dallas meets Jurassic Park? Could be a Dr Who version? Didn't the first Dr Who have real dinosaurs?

I worked in an office last time it was on and everyone was going on about it then.
I have never actually watched more than about ten minutes of it but found that if you interupted someones discussion about Dallas and said "no! that was the dream" they then get very confused and would go back to the beginning of their conversation.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
If you mean dinosaurs, or a yet another sequel to Jurassic Park, or both, then the answer is Yes and No. Jurassic part 4 is to arrive by 2014 but still no real dinosaurs. Although isn't Dallas a kind of dinosaur? Dallas meets Jurassic Park? Could be a Dr Who version? Didn't the first Dr Who have real dinosaurs?
I don't know what you've been drinking this afternoon but it must have been strong!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
a very incisive analysis, Mr. A. We are in your debt.

Arch

Married to Night Train

The current trailer for the new season of Dr Who contains the line "Dinosaurs! On a spaceship!".

That's an episode I look forward to!^_^

Top Bottom