Damm Thieves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
If they are ever caught they should be shot between the legs and left to bleed dealt with in a proactive and positive way.;):?:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Of course, him being slightly famous, the police are appealing for evidence, as opposed to just shrugging in a bored sort of way...

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Sadly this is true but also a bonus of being a world record holder. There is also a chance he will get 'given' a new bike, unlike the rest of us.
Arch said:
Of course, him being slightly famous, the police are appealing for evidence, as opposed to just shrugging in a bored sort of way...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Angelfishsolo said:
Sadly this is true but also a bonus of being a world record holder. There is also a chance he will get 'given' a new bike, unlike the rest of us.

True, I suppose if I got off my arse and cycled round the world, I'd get that sort of luck too....;)

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Do you mean get your bike nicked or that the police would be interested if it was ;):biggrin:
Arch said:
True, I suppose if I got off my arse and cycled round the world, I'd get that sort of luck too....:ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Angelfishsolo said:
Do you mean get your bike nicked or that the police would be interested if it was ;):ohmy:

That the police would care...

Actually, to be fair, when I had my bike nicked, and reported it, they did take a statement of me - a great waste of about an hour, with a copper labouriously writing down my account of hearing someone in the front garden, and my description of the bike. Complete waste of time, the only reason I called to report it really was to make sure it went down in the figures. It wasn't insured, and probably wasn't worth £20 - it was far more valuable in sentimental terms. It would have been more sensible to just ask me to write down a description and hand it in at the police station in case someone found it abandoned.

gavintc

Guru
But, I do not leave my commuter (worth about £500) in the common stair. All our bikes are locked in the flat and we live in a 3rd floor flat like Mark only a few hundred yards him. A common stair is essentially a pretty public location and IMO not a space for £2k bike.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Actually if I did a similar thing my Landlord would have the right to remove the bike as it breaks my housing contact.

gavintc said:
But, I do not leave my commuter (worth about £500) in the common stair. All our bikes are locked in the flat and we live in a 3rd floor flat like Mark only a few hundred yards him. A common stair is essentially a pretty public location and IMO not a space for £2k bike.

GrahamG

Guru
I've heard so many stories of bikes being nicked from communal stairways in Edinburgh, I'm surprised he didn't know better - I live in Bristol FFS!

Top Bottom