Damm You Wilmslow Road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Don't really care..so long as I get there safely im quite happy to take my time.No hurry..I will leave that to the motorists...

Agreed. Going from an enjoyable commute to a lung-bursting one requires a significant increase in effort for minimal gains.

You're commuting, not racing. Just get there safely.

with 5 stone still left to lose, I have to disagree on that point !

Five stone to lose?...It's more than exercise...There is a bloke at work who lost a lot of weight when he fell in love....(he's a motorist and doesn't ride a bike)...He changed his diet and the weight fell off literally....so much in fact that he started to take the p155 out of me...Well my weight is generally steady now so I don't really feel it is a problem....Unfortunately he is doing it differently to you because as far as I know he is not doing any exercise and the weight is creeping back on.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Five stone to lose?...It's more than exercise...There is a bloke at work who lost a lot of weight when he fell in love....(he's a motorist and doesn't ride a bike)...He changed his diet and the weight fell off literally....so much in fact that he started to take the p155 out of me...Well my weight is generally steady now so I don't really feel it is a problem....Unfortunately he is doing it differently to you because as far as I know he is not doing any exercise and the weight is creeping back on.

Point proven ! Yes you need to change your diet (Heck I wouldnt have lost 21 stone if I didnt) but exercise is a HUGE part of this.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hey Gaz, that wasn't you battling through the rain near Morrisons Bredbury at 7:15pm ish on a dark Surosa with a yellow top ?........

In my defence, was already home and had gone out for stuff...in the car...ssshhhhh

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Hey Gaz, that wasn't you battling through the rain near Morrisons Bredbury at 7:15pm ish on a dark Surosa with a yellow top ?........

In my defence, was already home and had gone out for stuff...in the car...ssshhhhh

No mate, I'd passed there a a couple of hours before, I was at Morrisons Hyde at around 7pm tho, Dropping a guy on a yellow fixie :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Don't really care..so long as I get there safely im quite happy to take my time.No hurry..I will leave that to the motorists...

Yup.

The commute's not the time for record breaking, ime, things go wrong too quickly...

That said, I do get a certain satisfaction from a quick, safe commute - on the LHT, that equates to 17mph avg.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.

Tho, I was wearing a yellow top and my Surosa is Black and I was battling the rain, you sure of Morrisons ? LOL

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
:whistle:

You are getting old then JTM.... :biggrin: :thumbsup:

The LHT motto is "Slower, Heavier, Comfier" ;-)

Quick bike comes out at the weekends...

Top Bottom