Damn clicking noise coming from crank area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If it's clicking under no load, with no chain - i.e. what you say has been done, then the BB is faulty....... (bottom bracket) - covered by warranty - this can happen....

If it's from a bike shop then take back, if mail order, give them a call. All depends upon how handy you are at bike mechanics - I'd have the cranks removed and checking bb for roughness, then have replaced it, but as it's so new, the retailer should sort it....

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
fossyant said:
If it's clicking under no load, with no chain - i.e. what you say has been done, then the BB is faulty....... (bottom bracket) - covered by warranty - this can happen....

If it's from a bike shop then take back, if mail order, give them a call. All depends upon how handy you are at bike mechanics - I'd have the cranks removed and checking bb for roughness, then have replaced it, but as it's so new, the retailer should sort it....

Hmmm, I'll wheel it into the shop after tomorrows club run - hopefuly there will be no nuclear explosions coming from the bb.

They may try talk me into a £30 service or something though :tongue:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I've got a similar issue but mine is under load. Got a rythmic click from the crank area, once per revolution, but only when pedalling. Took to LBS and they said it had been cranks and pedals loose, had tightened, test ridden and all ok.

I'm still getting it but only when I need to get out of the saddle, silent at all other times. Went back and LBS said all ok, I just feel a little concerned that I may be doing damage, any ideas, advice?

Sorry for the mini hi-jack

Mr Pig

MacBludgeon said:
I've got a similar issue but mine is under load.

It could be the BB moving/clicking in the frame, I've had that. Or it could be a loose pedal or chain ring. Try checking all of these, it'll be one of them.

Top Bottom