damn dirty bloodsuckers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
I must taste real good to the midgies, mozzies, bugs and insects this year as my legs are dotted with itchy red patches and I know the scene of most of the incidents...

On a long single track road, we found an old bridge with a steep hill going down to the woodland below. Wanting to try out the bike on something other than flat ground, i went down it only to arrive at the bottom and an attack party of midgies which made a beeline midgieline :laugh: for my legs... so as I quickly made my way up the other side to safety, I warned Helly79 not to make the same mistake I did.

I couldnt have attracted more attention from them if I had showered in maple syrup that morning ;)

Really pleased with the bike on the ride though, managed the steep crumbly ground very well. Having been used to caliper brakes on the old Carerra, the hydraulic discs were very effective in controlling my downhill speed. :laugh:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Try Avon Skin So Soft Dry Oil. Recommended by the Royal Marines guarding our nuclear fleet at Faslane, Scotland.
I found it does work on the dreaded Midgie so should work on mossies down here:smile:.

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
guitarpete247 said:
Try Avon Skin So Soft Dry Oil. Recommended by the Royal Marines guarding our nuclear fleet at Faslane, Scotland.
I found it does work on the dreaded Midgie so should work on mossies down here:smile:.

Thanks for that, I need to try something thats for sure... the novelty of scratching has worn off now ;)

Top Bottom