Damn I am clumsy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
Yesterday evening, arriving at the better half's place, soaking wet and cold. I slow down to dismount my bike, my pants get caught on my saddle, my foot misses the ground, almost stopped the fall but since the ground was wet, my foot slipped and bang, on my bikeside with a 13kg bike on top of me. My knee hurts a bit (my dodgy knee) but the main injury was my pride.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ouch!!! That's actually worse than forgetting to unclip from the pedals!!! :becool:

Good to see a fellow Saints fan on here.

M

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Aye but I don't use clipless ;) You think we will win anything this year? Wigoon are going strong at the moment but I think they have peaked too soon.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ah clipless just make the daily commute that much more interesting particularly with peds stepping out between buses etc.

Fairly early days yet. We're sitting in a good position. Was starting to get a bit fed up of finishing top and losing the Grand Final, perhaps we should try for 2nd in the table this year.;)

Jezston

Über Member
I don't think the words 'innocent' and 'cyclist' go together in Daily Wail land.

Also the pants being caught on the saddle - does this mean it resulted in trousers falling down? If not then I don't think we have enough comedy here I'm afraid.

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Jezston said:
I don't think the words 'innocent' and 'cyclist' go together in Daily Wail land.

Also the pants being caught on the saddle - does this mean it resulted in trousers falling down? If not then I don't think we have enough comedy here I'm afraid.

Well since it was bucketing it down yesterday I had tracksuit bottoms on rather than my lycra shorts. The "crotch" area "folded over" the nose of the saddle and I lost my balance, this all happened since my pants were drenched because there was the Amazon river on the roads. The only time I didn't fix the front mudguard and I get all this standing water, how I stayed on "in the river" is a mystery.

But the pants stayed up and saved what dignity I had left, luckily nobody was around to see this happen.

Cubist

Still wavin'
:tongue::rofl::biggrin:

Top Bottom