Damn you Decathlon Surrey quays.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
The tyres are Shoite, no problem I have a spare pair of decent tyres at home. If it means getting a Campag equipped Carbon bike, for sub 1500 quid, I'm not bothered about the tyres, they only have to last about 90 miles, that will get me home. The only thing that stopped me reaching for my wallet, was the fact it came with SL type pedals, my cleat equipped shoes are at home, I'm buggered if I'll ride 90 miles, on road , on flats, wearing a suit, and normal shoes, with no lid. However, should I return tomorrow, wearing full riding kit, with cleat equipped, shoes, and a lid, well, noooooooo, no no just no, not going to happen, nope, no way.
DO IT!!!!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Or buy a nice used bicycle and bring it back to life for less

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
It got very good reviews in the magazines.
And so it should, on the (admittedly short) run I gave it, it didn't buzz, or flex unduly. It has got a bolt upright geometry ( which isn't to everyone's taste), the brakes are scarily good. For the money, I really can't see you getting much more. I'd expect to pay a monkey more to be fair.

GGG

Regular
In buying and upgrading an old bike you can end up spending more than busting new which is ok if your happy doing this but can end up a false economy.

GGG

Regular
I agree that's true and you can end up with something unique that you have made your own. You just need to be aware when starting though the potential cost and work involved. If you are prepared for this it can be worthwhile.

That bike is really nice. Even if you get rid of the wheels and get a proper replacement, it is still worth the money.

Top Bottom