Dances With Smurfs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

When I saw it at the cinema, I loved it. Not the most original story, (I can understand why it didn't get the Oscar for best picture) but beautiful to watch. As it's out on Blu-Ray today I got a copy. Watched it this evening. It really is glorious to watch. Wonderfully imagined. Stunning. One of those films I'll enjoy watching again and again.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
saw some idiot all painted blue in sainsburys stacking shelves today, no doubt to 'promote' the dvd…

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
saw some idiot all painted blue in sainsburys stacking shelves today, no doubt to 'promote' the dvd…
That's a little unkind Mr Alec. It's always possible he didn't particularly want to be painted blue.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I watched it a couple of weeks ago for the 1st time whilst on a flight and I have to say I was suprised and rather enjoyed it.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Although I'm a sci-fi lover, for some reason this has never appealed to me. The minute I heard that the storyline was poor I decided that, visually impressive or not, I wasn't going to go and see it.

The hype probably killed off any desire too, as well as memories of having to sit through Cameron's godawful Titanic at the cinema when it came out. :tongue:

Noodley

aaaah, it's about Avatar!

No idea what everyone was on about.....

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

goo_mason said:
Although I'm a sci-fi lover, for some reason this has never appealed to me. The minute I heard that the storyline was poor I decided that, visually impressive or not, I wasn't going to go and see it.

The hype probably killed off any desire too, as well as memories of having to sit through Cameron's godawful Titanic at the cinema when it came out. :tongue:

Titanic was awful: couldn't stand it.

The storyline of Avatar is ok, it's just not original and visually it really is absolutely breathtaking.

Top Bottom