Dandy under the cosh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Just heard on Radio Four that the Dandy is threatened with closure. It used to see 2,000,000 copies at its peak and now is only selling 8,000 per week.

Sad times. :sad:

asterix

Comrade Member

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Dan must have met Speicher

lrgscaledesperate-dan-mug.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

They can't stop this essential reading matter for grown ups kids everywhere. Tea break will never be the same again.:cry:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Shame, I preferred the Dandy to the Beano when I was a kid, but I always was a contrary numpty.

Davidc

Guru
My mum wouldn't let me have comics. :sad:

My mate's mum knew that and kept all of his and his brother's old Beano's and Dandy's for me to read when I went round. ^_^

It was always the Dandy I read first.

It's sad that the era of the children's comic is coming to an end, but life and popular culture move on, and there's not much we can do about it.

Maz

Guru
I used to have a massive stash of Krazy comics. When they 'merged' with Whizzer & Chips, I stopped buying it.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I only got the Christmas Annuals when I was little. Still got the Blue Peter one with John Noakes and Valerie Singleton on the front.... sadly missing it's spine and drawn all over so not an heirloom!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
In a family of 3 children. It was Whizzer & Chips for me, Dandy for older brother and Beano for younger brother.

I'm not suprised that it's closing. Magazines are now almost irrelevant what with the electrical intraweb taking over everything.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Look at the price of them now though, I've got a collection of beano comics from the mid 90's when they were 35p.
I think this probably has a lot to do with it. I think they now cost £1.50 or something, I used to pay 10p for my Beano when I was a kid. What self respecting kid is going to pay £1.50 on a comic when you can get two cans of Carlsberg for that.

Top Bottom