Dangerous driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
20171128_184013.jpg
I'd call it dangerous driving.

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It's rarely worthwhile letting a company deal with such things internally. I no longer give them the option, so if their driving puts me at risk of harm it'll always be passed to the police. I wouldn't even forewarn the company.

OP
OP
sir adrian dangerous

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
They've got audio of me being very abusive to the driver, he nearly ran me over so I wasn't best pleased. I don't have a cycle camera so no video I'm afraid, but I'm getting one now.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Stagecoach have a yearly "cycle awareness course"? Either it's not happening in Norfolk or it's shoot. I am really happy that the Marham/Downham routes locally have changed from Stagecoach to Lynx so now I mostly see Stagecoach only on their urban routes on multi-lane roads, which seem more willing to wait and change lane to pass.

If it's that bad grass him to the Bow Street Runners. However, before doing so make sure there isn't evidence of you committing a public order offence on the audio.
Fark that! Is that really how it works? The driver gets off nearly injuring/maiming/killing someone if the victim said a bad word? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
sir adrian dangerous

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
Stagecoach have a yearly "cycle awareness course"? Either it's not happening in Norfolk or it's shoot. I am really happy that the Marham/Downham routes locally have changed from Stagecoach to Lynx so now I mostly see Stagecoach only on their urban routes on multi-lane roads, which seem more willing to wait and change lane to pass.

Fark that! Is that really how it works? The driver gets off nearly injuring/maiming/killing someone if the victim said a bad word? :rolleyes:
The red mist came down because I nearly went under his wheels. A few choice words should have been the least of his worries the f&$king pr£¥k

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The red mist came down because I nearly went under his wheels. A few choice words should have been the least of his worries the f&$king pr£¥k
I'm not surprised. In that sort of situation, as well as turning the air blue in a manner which would make a sailor's ears fall off, I may also break whatever law prohibits public urination!

Drago

Legendary Member

Potentially, because the witness has just undermined their own credibility as a witness.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes, really. Someone committing a minor crime doesnt make the best witness when giving evidence against someone committing an offence. Sorry, I didn't invent the rules, but that is most assuredly how it is.

Surely there's allowance for fear of serious injury and the subsequent rush of adrenalin? Context is everything.

That's mitigation, not defence. There is no law that let's someone commit a crime, no matter how minor (in this case S4a POA) because they're upset. Any sensible bobby would over look it, but the drivers defence lawyer won't, and neither will the CPS.

Its not worth letting a driver get away with an offence because you had a sudden attack of bucket mouth. Even worse, it's not worth getting yourself a caution or charge (depending on your previous) because the driver makes a criminal complaint of his own. Smile sweetly, play the game, and stick it to them good the proper way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom