Dangerous driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickNick

Yes, really. Someone committing a minor crime doesnt make the best witness when giving evidence against someone committing an offence. Sorry, I didn't invent the rules, but that is most assuredly how it is.

That's mitigation, not defence. There is no law that let's someone commit a crime, no matter how minor (in this case S4a POA) because they're upset.

As well as the impact on how reliable a witness you're perceived to be, I would guess they would also use it in their defence as "proof" that you were cycling aggressively, on the basis that someone using violent foul language is bound to be aggressive in general (not what I believe but can see many people that would believe such crap).

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I blame @sir adrian dangerous :

I haven't had a close call with a bus for ages then a driver ran me into the gutter on my commute into work this morning. It was on a fast downhill too and came very close to a collision as he tried to bully his way past. I'm still fizzing but @Drago will be pleased to hear I kept my shouting swear-free and brief. Not that the driver gave a monkey's, he wouldn't open his window.

Statement already typed up for police (and Traffic Commissioner) and video will be burned to disc when I get home. Someone is getting a surprise in a week or so. Daffodil.

OP
OP
sir adrian dangerous

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
I blame @sir adrian dangerous :

I haven't had a close call with a bus for ages then a driver ran me into the gutter on my commute into work this morning. It was on a fast downhill too and came very close to a collision as he tried to bully his way past. I'm still fizzing but @Drago will be pleased to hear I kept my shouting swear-free and brief. Not that the driver gave a monkey's, he wouldn't open his window.

Statement already typed up for police (and Traffic Commissioner) and video will be burned to disc when I get home. Someone is getting a surprise in a week or so. Daffodil.
You might have given him/her it with both barrels if you hadn't read my post though, I hope no parts were damaged, human and bike.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
You might have given him/her it with both barrels if you hadn't read my post though, I hope no parts were damaged, human and bike.

A few years ago maybe, but since I've had cameras on front and rear I've learned that my every action is also recorded so I am vocal but never overstep the mark.
No damage or injury, just new shorts needed.

Randombiker9

It's rarely worthwhile letting a company deal with such things internally. I no longer give them the option, so if their driving puts me at risk of harm it'll always be passed to the police. I wouldn't even forewarn the company.
There's no point if you don't have any evidence. Unless they caught it on there CCTV/Dash cam but even that doesn't show anything.

I had a close call with bus twice. i messaged the bus company about it and they replied the 2nd time: Hello (my name), I am very sorry this has happened. We would like to think the drivers would be more aware of other road users and this includes cyclists. I will log this and pass it through to the driver's manager to proceed with. We will request CCTV to support this. Again, please accept my apologies for this.

When ever something happens with buses i just message the bus company through social media, i never would never report anything to the police unless 1. It caused an accident 2. The bus company want's too 3. Had evidence

Top Bottom