Dangerous trucker vid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
In the vid, the lane is pretty narrow and there did not appear to be a place to safely/easily pull-in. If there had have been, I might well have got out of the way of this HGV driver as he was too close and his impatience suggested a stupid overtake might be on the cards.

jimboalee

TBH Jimbo when you post "stats" I now ignore them as they're b*ll^cks, mate. As I said to you before if you want to ride that way then fine, dont encourage others that its somehow safe - I personally feel it could make someone new to riding misread a situation and then have to deal with the consequences.

Sorry Downfader for confusing you with Boll**ks stats. Numbers mean nothing as the reality remains that road collisions happen.

I have published my thoughts on riding a bicycle in the roll-path of motor vehicles.

I have said my methods have up to now, been without incident.

Some members of CycleChat find it beyond their diversity to allow individuals the freedom to make their own decisions.

There is a book called "CycleCraft" which explains the reasons why riding in the roll-path of vehicles is advantageous.

Let the people weigh the odds and choose for themselves.

If it is 'mutiny' to describe one's own views, what kind of a chatboard is it?

jimboalee

In the vid, the lane is pretty narrow and there did not appear to be a place to safely/easily pull-in. If there had have been, I might well have got out of the way of this HGV driver as he was too close and his impatience suggested a stupid overtake might be on the cards.

Yes, the lane was narrow. If the trucker had not pulled back after I had waved an arm to signal, ( up and down movement means 'slowing' ), I would have taken a sharp left at the island and pulled my bike away onto the grass verge. :smile:

jimboalee

[QUOTE 1232199"]
It's a forum where people are free to challenge views they don't agree with. You seem to struggle with this.
[/quote]

I DO NOT struggle with this. I challenge CycleCraft quite often.

jimboalee

Oops, sorry. I'm NOT ALLOWED to challenge CycleCraft.....:laugh:

Oh, BTW, in this thread, I have been careful not to defame the contents of CycleCraft. I have in one post made the suggestion a newbie compares my views with what CycleCraft says, and choose for themself.

I though idiot motorists should be something a cyclist should be aware of, and using OP's vid, forward my idea of the actions I would take and NOT tell anyone it was better than 'taking primary', merely an alternative.

Some are taking my postings as "Do this or die" !!

I have described ( there is a difference between describing one's own views and challenging another's views ) my views and they have been criticised and torn apart by what appears from the outside alikened to an inquisition.

As Easy As Riding A Bike

Some are taking my postings as "Do this or die" !!

An example, please.

jimboalee

[QUOTE 1232204"]
This has nothing to do with your questioning of Cyclecraft, because most of what you're waffling on about isn't in the book.

No, this is about you not handling your posts being challenged.
[/quote]

So, discussing the dangers of cars, vans and trucks approaching from the rear is 'Waffling on'.

If it pleases you Mr Paul...

NEWBIES! Read CycleCraft, but always be aware that the vehicle following you might unintentionally drive into you.

Top Bottom