darlington "castle's ride" 85 miles aug 5th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John_c

Dont know if anyone has noticed but this years Castles Ride seems to clash with the Wiggle Northern Angle, both 4th August. Shame because I had hoped to be able to do both again this year.

SonicRob

did the first of the three darlo sportive last year was well supported by local clubs , think it was about 50-70 miles

dodgy knees

Will be doing the wiggle angle this year as virgin cyclone is overcrowded now and u get stuck behind everyone especially up to first feed stop, also doing hell of north, in sept, and (durham beast 1st time) looking fwd to columbia cardio this weekend, richmond sportive and wooler wheel in may

SonicRob

the richmond 5 dales is a great sportive , out of the darlo ones the castle ride is better than the hell of the north. They always have a tendency to go towards bernard castle or roads west/ north west of darlington and they are just rubbish surfaces and not fun to ride on.

John_c

Will be doing the wiggle angle this year as virgin cyclone is overcrowded now and u get stuck behind everyone especially up to first feed stop, also doing hell of north, in sept, and (durham beast 1st time) looking fwd to columbia cardio this weekend, richmond sportive and wooler wheel in may

Yeah I'll be doing the Wiggle instead, but would have like to do both again. I've also got my name down for the beast and l looking to marshal on the Durham Big ride.
I did the Colomba last weekend too, that was a lot harder than expected, managed to do it in 4hrs 5mins ride time and wore out a set of brake pads on the day too.

Top Bottom