Darwinsm At Work!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Living here in Thailand now for many years, you get a new perspective on health & safety, or lack of it. You rarely see anyone on a motorbike wearing a helmet or any type of eye protection, and often wing mirrors removed, three or four per bike, riding on pavements (including cops). Another one is welding - either sunglasses do the job, or just shutting your eyes on spark-up. I used to wonder why the fellas working for the electric company used bamboo ladders, but then when you see the ladder propped against the overhead cables it makes sense, gotta be safer than ally! :wacko:

Why should they?
Because the employer is required by law to report accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences to the Health and Safety Executive that occur as a result of works undertaken at their work site(s). The regulations applicable are RIDDOR - Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013.

D

Deleted member 26715

Because the employer is required by law to report accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences to the Health and Safety Executive that occur as a result of works undertaken at their work site(s). The regulations applicable are RIDDOR - Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013.
Is RIDDOR the same as RIDDOR? I've heard of the latter but not the former

Milzy

Guru
If an employee has some sick leave they get warnings on file. If managers ask employees to do dangerous practices nothing happens to them. It's a joke.

Common sense? Well I guess you have to teach that as well now

We still with Doctors
Highly intelligent, but as for Common Sense:wacko:

In the old Main Building, this sign was on the door to the Post Graduate Medical Education rooms

Your Life In Their Hands........................................

As for the disassociation of Doctors & Common Sense

We had various residences around the grounds & locally too
One summer (again, old buildings, so pre 2010) some of the SHO's decided to have a BBQ one weekend
Meat was bought, & a few of those 'tin foil tray' BBQs purchased

It rained on the day............

So, our clever medics relocated inside...

Cue lots of alarms
'Trumpton' arrived with 3 appliances
Hoses utilised due to smoke out of windows (Doctors hiding/making themselves anonymous by now)

When the cause was found out, there was a lot of continuous shouting at the SHOs
By;
1st. Watch Commander
2nd. Our Security
3rd. Portering staff, who also have to attend fires (1)
4th. Their Consultants for being so damned stupid
5th. Everyone else...

I still see one of the culprits, who is now a Consultant, & all I have to do to make him squirm/go bright red, is mention BBQs

1. Although, when we had a Nurses Hostel, they were quite happy to leave the grounds, cross the roads, when the toaster/hairspray set alarms off at 06:30 (when there was the chance of a lot of Nurses in nighties... or less....)

Kryton521

Über Member
Ashamed to admit to this; but, I'm terrified of heights, {not ashamed to admit that bit.} but my guttering had become blocked with moss and crap from the roof. I brought gutter guard stuff but had to go up a ladder to clean them out and put the guard in place.
Could go up the ladder to about my head height then would have to come back down.

After three days of failed attempts, I got my 70+ year old neighbour, a retired sign painter to go up and do it!

Not at gun point or anything, just asked him nicely if he could give me a hand :blush:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ashamed to admit to this; but, I'm terrified of heights, {not ashamed to admit that bit.} but my guttering had become blocked with moss and crap from the roof. I brought gutter guard stuff but had to go up a ladder to clean them out and put the guard in place.
Could go up the ladder to about my head height then would have to come back down.
Me too. My satellite dish is on the back wall of the house rather than the roof, about 5 metres up. One of the 2 cables has come loose so I can only record one channel at once and can't watch another channel while recording***. I could borrow a ladder but I don't fancy hanging onto a ladder 5 metres up while trying to rewire a cable to its plug!

*** Unless the second channel happens to share the same 'multiplex' as the one being recorded.

Top Bottom