Date set, very very excited!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

p90ade

Finaly set the date for my jogle trip, the brother-in-law and I will be setting of from home the 17th of June and will arrive in wick dinner time on the Friday the 18th. Aiming to be at lands end the following sat. Any tips and advice on doing the trip at this time of year?
We will be going with the intention of camping every night but if we come across a vacant b&b one night then we'llstop there for the night.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
setting of from home the 17th of June and will arrive in wick dinner time on the Friday the 18th
You go on the 17th and arrive on the 18th? and then talk about every night? Am I missing a bit of information?

Good luck anyway..which way are you passing Bristol?

OP
OP
P

p90ade

We leave home the 17th (in the evening) then sleeper train through the night to wick. We then start the ride the 18th.
At the moment we have done 5 big rides. All 100 mile a days. Including a 3 day, 400 mile Wales tour.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
p90ade said:
We leave home the 17th (in the evening) then sleeper train through the night to wick. We then start the ride the 18th.
At the moment we have done 5 big rides. All 100 mile a days. Including a 3 day, 400 mile Wales tour.

Sorry I did misunderstand - I thought you were saying you were doing it in under 48 hours - whilst it has been done, doesn't sound very enjoyable way of doing it.

wyno70

Well done for getting it sorted and good luck.

I did similar, the same time of year, last year. Excellent timing as you have long days to get the riding done and it should be very enjoyable.

I also did it in 8 days but was travelling very light (no camping gear, credit card style). Ignore comments about headwinds, if it blows it blows, not a lot you can do about it. I had 2 days of headwind, 2 days of tailwind and the rest of the time it wasn't noticeable.

My advice would be:

Start early each day, stop regularly to eat lots of snacks, get as much rest as you can and most of all, enjoy every moment!

Good luck.

Top Bottom