Daughter's 18th birthday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
She's reached adulthood today so i thought i'd mention it and reminisce. I remember the day she was born,i didn't attend the birth as i'm a bit squeamish about things like that. Instead i went for a long walk with my two dogs,asking my dad to contact me on my Motorola phone when Mrs Accy went into labour. I timed it perfectly,reaching the hospital just after she'd popped out. I helped the nurses wipe up the blood and stuff so i suppose that was my version of being there at the birth. Anyway she's off around Clitheroe tonight with her friends for her first legal drink, i was a bit worried because she fancied going to Liverpool but she settled for a local night out instead. We've been watching an 8mm tape of her 3rd birthday when she dressed up as a fairy princess singing twinkle twinkle little star to her long gone granddad. Very embarrassing for her as she watched it with her boyfriend,but i'm sure she'll appreciate it in years to come.Do any of you remember your 18th birthday?:smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
For my own 18th I just went on a pubcrawl with some pals. Which included getting refused service at a pub we'd been drinking at for the best part of a year, as I didn't look 18 (wasn't the usual barman).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I remember going around Manchester and only being allowed into a bit of a dive nightclub called Cloisters. Plastic glasses and stuff,then we missed our coach home so i slept on Piccadilly train station in a photo booth, waiting for the early morning train back to Blackburn.
This was number one in the charts if i remember rightly as it was always being played.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hphwfq1wLJs

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I got barred from my local (Nags Head Enderby) for a fortnight for trying to book the upstairs room for a birthday party. I asked Malc if I could book the room for a party and he said "What is it your 21st" foolishly I said "no my 18th" He replied "you've been drinking in here for 3 yrs, you're barred" and I had to drink up the road in the Dog and Gun or The New Inn for 2 weeks. :cheers:
Never did have a party. :banghead:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
One of mine is going to be one of the youngest people able to vote in this election!

And as for my 18th .... I can't quite remember it, though I do remember my 21st birthday celebration. Has the 21st birthday become less of a celebration now?

jhawk

Veteran
Since the legal drinking age here in Canada is 19, I had to wait a year!

But, my 19th birthday... Well, that's just some forgotten memory! In all seriousness, I wasn't sure what my friend's were going to do with me... Though they had said something about a party, strip joints had also been mentioned... I was, erm, nervous, to say the least. Since I'm not one of the typical lads these days that's been to seven of these in a week... But, in the end, it was just a party at a friend's house.

I remember buying my first drink, 1qt of McGillicuddys... And I drank the whole thing that night. I remember waking up without a hangover, surprisingly. It was a great night and we played cards and drank and then drank some more. Happy to have spent it surrounded by my friends, rather than at the club.

Happy Birthday to your daughter!

ScotiaLass

Guru
She's reached adulthood today so i thought i'd mention it and reminisce. I remember the day she was born,i didn't attend the birth as i'm a bit squeamish about things like that. Instead i went for a long walk with my two dogs,asking my dad to contact me on my Motorola phone when Mrs Accy went into labour. I timed it perfectly,reaching the hospital just after she'd popped out. I helped the nurses wipe up the blood and stuff so i suppose that was my version of being there at the birth. Anyway she's off around Clitheroe tonight with her friends for her first legal drink, i was a bit worried because she fancied going to Liverpool but she settled for a local night out instead. We've been watching an 8mm tape of her 3rd birthday when she dressed up as a fairy princess singing twinkle twinkle little star to her long gone granddad. Very embarrassing for her as she watched it with her boyfriend,but i'm sure she'll appreciate it in years to come.Do any of you remember your 18th birthday?:smile:
Mum and daddy bought me my own transport, a little Yamaha 90 moped, and took me for dinner and my first :cheers:

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
18th, I went out on a pub crawl around the Medway Towns with my mates and it was pretty much the first time I'd ever drunk alcohol in pubs (possibly actually the first time) I was on spirits (whiskey) and got pretty drunk but not totally gone. They dropped me back home, where I poured myself another whiskey, and while drinking that my parents phoned from my cousins 18th (we were born on the same day, I got to use the only ambulance) which was at her parents house. My dad came and got me and I stumbled around pleasantly drunk telling my cousin's boyfriend how shoot his VW Beetle was (I was a Ford boy).

TVC

my daughter is 3 and having a paddy on the floor atm.............
She should grow out of it in another 22 years.

On my 18th it was decided there would be a family party. My parents and Aunts took me for my first drink in a pub.That drink was served by a barman who had been well aware of my prefered beer for quite some time.

Top Bottom