Dave Quinn trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavalol

Guru
1652374454914.png

fbdavequinn.jpg

Picked this (and a Dawes Galaxy) up the other day. Tried some internet research on the trike, but couldn't find anything. Home made special perhaps? Though Quinn was known (I think) for his own racers, and I believe owns the excellent Bike Factory in Chester. Does anyone know much about these trikes at all, pleasse?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Wow what a find
See quite a few Dave Quinn bikes not sure about trikes though

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Quinn isn't mentioned in the Tricycle Association lists, so could either be something else badged or built with one of the standard axles from Rogers or Higgins or similar.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Can I ask a really stupid question ... I occasionally see trikes like this, and they are very impressive machines. They must also be (or have been in their day) quite pricey and they take up extra storage space. Not to mention the learning curve of being able to ride one properly. They are distinctly sporty machines and not sedate sit up and beg rides.

So what makes (or made, given that they are so rare these days) someone think "you know, I fancy getting a trike". And what makes an owner think "you know, I'm so glad I ride a trike".

When you see a skilled trike rider acrobatically whip through some tight corners at an improbable speed, riding a racing trike starts looking like a lot of fun. Riding a trike on black ice is often a better option than riding a bike.

No argument that trikes are heavier, slower and more difficult to store but they are fun to ride, once you get the knack. Initially, every natural instinct of an experienced bike rider is exactly wrong for riding a trike.

OP
OP
Cavalol

Cavalol

Guru
Whoever rides these things for fun needs a medal, let alone anyone racing one. Even on a very short (like 10 yards) journey, it's an absolute pig to try and keep in a straight line, the last trike I tried was the same, too. Looks like it's 15 speed as has a triple chain ring, going to take it to my brilliant LBS soon for a new chain and some basic looking at. In the van.

grldtnr

People ride upright trikes mainly just to be different, some ride recumbent trikes to be really different😊.
Some unfortunately have issues that cause them to trickle on be a trike.
Utility trikes are fantastic load luggers, recumbent ones are a real hoot ,once you proficient on them, BUT you will never ,ever master them, they always will catch you out, I know so!

Top Bottom