Dave Quinn trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

People ride upright trikes mainly just to be different, some ride recumbent trikes to be really different😊.
Some unfortunately have issues that cause them to trickle on be a trike.
Utility trikes are fantastic load luggers, recumbent ones are a real hoot ,once you proficient on them, BUT you will never ,ever master them, they always will catch you out, I know so!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Gentlemen rode trikes, yobs rode bikes, in the early days. FT Bidlake was possibly the most famous example of the era. But take a look through the TA galleries for an idea of the attraction of trike riding.

grldtnr

Often thought about buying a trike to give it a go q

Recumbent trikes are far easier than 'upwrong' ones, handle far better, but have an equal grin factor, on the other hand, upwrong trikes ordainarly are cheaper to find, if you can?
Recumbent trikes do hold their value quite well , expect to pay £1k

raleighnut

Legendary Member
They're a great way of scaring the bejesus out of you, forget everything you know about riding a bike. 2 tips,never ever put your feet down unless you're getting off and keepyour weight on the inside pedal when going round a corner oh and never brake whilst turning

1652789242449.png

D

Deleted member 1258

They're a great way of scaring the bejesus out of you, forget everything you know about riding a bike. 2 tips,never ever put your feet down unless you're getting off and keepyour weight on the inside pedal when going round a corner oh and never brake whilst turning

View attachment 645053

Can I copy the image for my desktop?

grldtnr

View attachment 645053

I have never tried a Tandem trike, or long Barrow,as they are called but I know someone who had one, by jimmney they were crazy brave! Boy did they chuck it about, a remember once riding with them on a particular windy unflat route ,the crew were approaching a very nasty bend, it took both of them to hold the beast down, right over the wrong side of the road, they forced oncoming traffic into avoiding action, the stoker if she could have hung out any further,would have been on the back of another bike, the pilot ( ex RAF Fighter pilot) had a rictus grin on his chops,if that didn't take cojonies ,nothing does!

FrothNinja

Veteran
The upright trikes are a little easier to handle if you can transfer some weight to the front and can live with the front end sliding a bit. Trailing the rear brake into the corner helps too...

Top Bottom