Dave's Dales Tour...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
... guess it's just me then. Don't blame me if you find I've eaten your cake.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:
... guess it's just me then. Don't blame me if you find I've eaten your cake.

You'd be doing me a favour, my weight loss has plateaued (Sp?) a bit...

Not me, still a bit far for me I think. Although I did want to have done a century by the end of May...

Have a good time!

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Well, we did it. There were only about 20 others starting, and they all shot off while I was in the loo...

Up until 11.30 it was great - we had the wind behind us, the sun was shining (some of the time anyway), and we caught up with the rest of the bunch at the first tea stop - although they were just leaving.

And then we turned in to the wind. It was a howling gale over the moor tops and we struggled. We did manage to rescue two lapwing chicks that had managed to wriggle through a wall. It was only a matter of time until they got squashed by a car, and their parents were going nuts on the other side of the wall.

The wind never let up and it became a long slog all the way back. But we finished. The time is another matter...

My computer says 169 km - that's 105 miles!:biggrin::ohmy:

MSeries

ColinJ said:
Good effort and I'm glad that I didn't do it - I'd still be riding now! :biggrin:
I was having a nightmare so packed and rode home from Grassington. Ijust couldn't face riding into the wind back to Richmond then back home again

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
MSeries said:
I was having a nightmare so packed and rode home from Grassington.

Were you the guy at the next table at the Yorkshire lass - from whom I had to steal the menu, the sugar, etc etc.?

We considered packing up at Ripon - it might have been quicker to cycle home to York from there. Only we'd left the van at Richmond...

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
The Yorkshire Lass was an unusual place in that, unlike most cafes, and ironically given its name, all the staff were in fact men.

MSeries

That was me Uncle Phil.

ColinJ, I was feeling crap, the route was hilly, it was very windy but mostly it was me who was having a bad day. Only the second calendar event that I have packed.

I forgot to add that I am just coming back from injury, I fractured my right ischium in early March and only been back on a bike for about 3 weeks so my fitness is not what it should be. There are other factors which contributed to my poor show on Saturday too though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
MSeries said:
ColinJ, I was feeling crap, the route was hilly, it was very windy but mostly it was me who was having a bad day. Only the second calendar event that I have packed.

I forgot to add that I am just coming back from injury, I fractured my right ischium in early March and only been back on a bike for about 3 weeks so my fitness is not what it should be.
Ouch! Was that related to your injuries from your bad crash couple of years ago?

MSeries

ColinJ said:
Ouch! Was that related to your injuries from your bad crash couple of years ago?

I had another crash in March, it's not known whether the recent fracture would have not happened had I not had that serious injury in 2007. It was on the same side. It's healing was probably impaired by my implants

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
MSeries said:
I had another crash in March, it's not known whether the recent fracture would have not happened had I not had that serious injury in 2007. It was on the same side. It's healing was probably impaired by my implants
Oh - I hope it heals well and you don't suffer any long-term problems from it.

It's been a while since I had a bad crash. I had a few on my mountain bike and was lucky to get away with some of them.

Top Bottom