Dave's Theory......1 mile on exercise bike = 2 miles on the road :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
As I am "in training" for a lengthy ride but DO NOT ENJOY winter cycling I am indoors on the execise bike.
Now (as my wife would agree) I am no Einstein but my theory is based on several facts.

1) Its as boring as hell whereas road cycling can be really enjoyable & interesting.
2) It is constant i.e. no let up........I do 45 minutes flat out........when road cycling I can cruise downhill or whenever
I feel like it.
3) no breeze.......thats important! I have the window open but oh boy do I sweat!

On the up-side...........I can listen to Bruce Springstein or Queen (feel free to substitue any good music) :smile:
That is the basis for Dave's theory!!!!!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Robert's theory, a minute is a minute and an hour is an hour!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Robert's theory, a minute is a minute and an hour is an hour!
And that sir is why you will never be a ground breaking scientific type person...........like wat as ow I am. You need to think outside the box..........think laterally.
If Einstein had had that attitude gravity would never have been invented and we would all be floating around off the ground.
I stick with my scientifically proven theory that 1 mile = 2 miles :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
So is 90 minutes a long ride? I do like your theory, I think you would be just as good sticking 2 magnets on the wheel though, which we all know makes you go twice as fast and twice as far..

Citius

If Einstein had had that attitude gravity would never have been invented and we would all be floating around off the ground.

It's a good job Einstein didn't discover gravity, then. Or is that what you meant?

lee1980sim

I can do a steady 30mph on the turbo, as long as I have a 10mm gap between turbo roller and the tyre.

I'm must invest in one of these turbos, 30mph for me consists of hometime and downhill, although I think I could've mustered a bit faster today if the car that just had to be in front of me didn't insist on slowing down every 200 yards once it was in front

Top Bottom