Davina Mccall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
TV presenter Davina McCall has boosted this year's Sport Relief fundraising efforts by setting off on a 500-mile triathlon from Edinburgh to London.

McCall's seven-day route begins with a 130-mile cycle from Edinburgh Castle to Keswick in the Lake District.

She will then swim across Lake Windermere before running and cycling to Windsor, from where she will run to the London finish.

http://www.sportrelief.com/latest/breakingpoint

The weather nearly took her out, she had to stop due to hypothermia.............bold effort though 20 miles then had to stop under Drs orders, but she did start back up and carry on

Sara_H

Guru
She's all woman and has my fullest admiration after yesterdays efforts. What dispicable weather to have to attempt it in!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I just looked at the wind and rain out there and donated.

Good for her. That is a real challenge - last celeb one was in relays with each celeb only doing about 20 miles each!

Seems odd that with all the support and gear available that she still got so cold. Not sure how she will get on in the freezing lake.

130 miles is a tough first day. I have done 110 and don't think I had 20 miles left in me.

Good for her. That is a real challenge - last celeb one was in relays with each celeb only doing about 20 miles each!

Seems odd that with all the support and gear available that she still got so cold. Not sure how she will get on in the freezing lake.

130 miles is a tough first day. I have done 110 and don't think I had 20 miles left in me.

She probably has more support than the entire Sky team, but she also has less knowledge of riding a bike in those conditions, maybe if the team who put this together had a pro cyclist on the team they may have known it was going to get hard once on the road.

ASC1951

Guru
I don't watch any of her stuff, since I'm not <cough> the target audience, but I have a lot of time for young Davina. Slebs with 20 year careers usually have something real to back it up and she certainly does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom