Davina Mccall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OT, anyone remember the Terry Wigan interview with John Noakes?

Wogan asked why he had not brought Shep

Oakes replied that he had died that afternoon and broke down in tears

Just going by what I saw on the programme.
I think she's a TV presenter but not sure. The fact that she's raised £2m is admirable but I notice that you chose the cheap shot in trying to undermine my view by highlighting an irrelevant point and ignoring the costing question I raised.
I repeat, how much did the programme cost to make? The police, advisors, countless fitness gurus for every discipline, first aid, camera crew, sound, catering, support, hotels, expenses, the list goes on and on.

Same as everyone who attempts Lejog...............but who are we to have a go at them, grow up man, she raised more in 5 minutes than you will ever do in a lifetime, get over it

Garethgas

OT, anyone remember the Terry Wigan interview with John Noakes?

Wogan asked why he had not brought Shep

Oakes replied that he had died that afternoon and broke down in tears

My, what a bundle of joy you are!
On a serious note, I do indeed remember it well (I think it was called What's on Wogan?)
When a guy like Noakes sheds a tear...you KNOW it's sincere. It was the very first time I saw someone break down on TV.
Today? Anyone that cries just seems to be attention seeking.
Blimey, even I can see how cynical I am!

Boyfrom64

Veteran
I have to say that since the Davina McCall Sport Relief challenge programme was aired last Thursday a number of my family and friends have all had positive things to say about cycling.

Now whilst Davina may not be everyone’s cup of tea and yes she will have been given a great deal of help to achieve what she did, I do think that she has had a positive effect for cycling, do you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom