Davina Mccall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garethgas

Metaphorically, maybe, it means someone who posts something that has been posted previously
Thanks for explaining that to me.
Seems an odd comment considering there were no other responses to the 'sexist' claim. Ho Hum
Anyway, on reflection, I think Davina did a good thing but in a bad way.

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
I don't like that Davina girl. I'm not even sure who she is.
However, considering the cost of making that documentary, it beggars belief that she even broke even regarding the fund raising.
I mean...how many times did she nearly die?
If ever there was a definition of 'Drama Queen'...Davina takes the biscuit.
So you don't actually like somebody who raised over £2m for charity & yet you don't even know who you don't like? :wacko:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thanks for explaining that to me.
Seems an odd comment considering there were no other responses to the 'sexist' claim. Ho Hum
Anyway, on reflection, I think Davina did a good thing but in a bad way.
I don't know why I'm doing this on a Saturday night but I believe the post referred to in the TMN was #529!
That is my last word on the subject!

Garethgas

So you don't actually like somebody who raised over £2m for charity & yet you don't even know who you don't like? :wacko:
Just going by what I saw on the programme.
I think she's a TV presenter but not sure. The fact that she's raised £2m is admirable but I notice that you chose the cheap shot in trying to undermine my view by highlighting an irrelevant point and ignoring the costing question I raised.
I repeat, how much did the programme cost to make? The police, advisors, countless fitness gurus for every discipline, first aid, camera crew, sound, catering, support, hotels, expenses, the list goes on and on.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
Just going by what I saw on the programme.
I think she's a TV presenter but not sure. The fact that she's raised £2m is admirable but I notice that you chose the cheap shot in trying to undermine my view by highlighting an irrelevant point and ignoring the costing question I raised.
I repeat, how much did the programme cost to make? The police, advisors, countless fitness gurus for every discipline, first aid, camera crew, sound, catering, support, hotels, expenses, the list goes on and on.
Most likely as much as it would have cost to fill that slot with any other programs. So that one does not work.

Garethgas

I don't know why I'm doing this on a Saturday night but I believe the post referred to in the TMN was #529!
That is my last word on the subject!
Thanks again Rich.
I was fully aware of that post which is why I used the same format...just wanted to go one further :smile:

just jim

I admired Davina's achievement, and her emotions were all for show on her high-viz sleeve. I wondered how she would have got on without the support crew, but so what? Good on her.
That said, hows about this for a quite literally unsupported act of celebrity white knuckle heroics?

View: http://youtu.be/MrnuhrqVN1M

Garethgas

I admired Davina's achievement, and her emotions were all for show on her high-viz sleeve. I wondered how she would have got on without the support crew, but so what? Good on her.
That said, hows about this for a quite literally unsupported act of celebrity white knuckle heroics?

View: http://youtu.be/MrnuhrqVN1M

See? That's what I'm getting at I suppose.
The understated bravery (no health and safety in those days) as opposed to the cossetted 'luvvies' we seem to get today.
Nice find by the way, I remember it well :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom