Dawes Galaxy Cross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

insurin

I have just test rode a 22 inch Dawes Galaxy Cross. This is my first ride of a steel bike. It was like a tank. It was like Bowser or Donkey Kong on Mario Kart, really slow from a standing start. Even turning the wheel you could feel the weight.
I do light touring in the summer but maybe one day might do heavy touring. I have a Specialized Sirrus Comp that I use for commuting. Do I need the Dawes Galaxy Cross? I feel obliged to buy it because I can get cycle to work voucher. I have been touring on a Specialized Tricross for the past 5 years and had no issues.

cheers

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I have a Genesis Croix De Fer and that's the same a real tank and it feels like I'm pedalling a tracked JCB digger up hills.

I'd like to say you'll get used to it, but I haven't and I begrudge every slow pedal stroke up long hills.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
A heavy bike will allways feel slugish compared to a lighter bike on a short unladen test ride. Its the comfort factor over a long days ride on rough roads with camping gear on board that brings out the real value of a steel tourer.

OP
OP
I

insurin

Well I need to make a decision as C2W is only open for a couple of weeks. £28 per month for 12 months for a £500 bike which is what Evans are selling it for.

Top Bottom