Dawes Galaxy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevinski66

Hi guys,
Did a 1970's Dawes Galaxy have shimano 600 arabesque rear mech and gear levers and also what chainset did they mostly have (alloy)?
Thanks
Kevin

sidevalve

Über Member
A 40 - 50 year old bike and you want it to be original :eek: or are you trying to return one to standard ?

OP
OP
Kevinski66

Kevinski66

A 40 - 50 year old bike and you want it to be original :eek: or are you trying to return one to standard ?
There is one for sale near me a bit neglected with non original rear wheel but I'm thinking the rest is original and it's up for offers so i wondering what to offer as well?

sidevalve

Über Member
Ah I see :thumbsup: Check out the frame - price up the 'refurb' and have a go. If the frame is good [and they usually were ] I'd be happy to go for a three figure sum. After all a good frame could always be sold on for a good price. As for the rear wheel if it looks ok I might be tempted to leave as is - it's just part of the bike's history.

OP
OP
Kevinski66

Kevinski66

Ah I see :thumbsup: Check out the frame - price up the 'refurb' and have a go. If the frame is good [and they usually were ] I'd be happy to go for a three figure sum. After all a good frame could always be sold on for a good price. As for the rear wheel if it looks ok I might be tempted to leave as is - it's just part of the bike's history.
Looks like I'm in for a bargain if the frame is straight as it was advertised for £50 and now open to offers, I'll try a cheeky £20 first then work from there
Thanks for the reply

Top Bottom