Dawes Orion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bassboy64

Regular
Hi,

I have been trying to find out about a Dawes Orion I have been offerd cheap. I have had a look around but can't find anything about them and have failed to find a catalogue anywhere online. Only thing I know is it is late eighties/early ninties, around the time Dawes were being bought out. Were they 531 framed? I have a feeling they were budget Galaxies
Its tatty, but I'm temped to built it back to a cheap tourer for my summer hols.
Any info gratefully received

Regards,

Sean

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A pic is worth a thousand words.

have a look at it, try it out and if it fits and youre happy with the price, go ahead and buy it.

if its cheap enough to use to death, then give it a bash.

it may pay for itself in one summer of touring.

OP
OP
B

bassboy64

Regular
Sorry no pics yet as my phone is ancient!
Sounds like a plan, its cheap so may be worth saving. I'm just very curious as I've never heard of it !

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Strange isn't it? I couldn't find much at all only this reference on retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=355340 which I'm sure you've seen. If its 531 with Stronglight chaonset it can't be bad. Maybe they didn't make many.

On the phone point I can't imagine life without a smartphone now and they're just so cheap. I recently bought a small Lenovo tablet from Argos for fifty quid. Bit slow but not bad.

OP
OP
B

bassboy64

Regular
Yes its a bit odd. Its the only info I found as well. I know in 1990 Dawes ( uk) had had it and were sold to a dutch co and shortly after frame building switched to the far east. So maybe it was the last knockings of the brum factory making up with what they had, or maybe the new owners just rebadged some stock frames and hadn't got around to a brochure, hence the lack of info.
I know I should get a new phone , but waiting my 'brick' to die!

Top Bottom