Dawes Super Galaxy for Sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JPBoothy

Veteran
Hi All,
I have a stunning 2008 Dawes Super Galaxy Tourer for sale which has been hung up in a dry garage since the owner sadly passed away. Prior to that he worked out of country so the bike has only been ridden for about 500 miles since purchased. The bike is like new, there are no stone chips anywhere on the stunning metallic Bronze Reynolds 853 Frame & Fork, and the Components (Shimano Tiagra 9spd Sti Levers & Front Mech, Deore XT Rear Mech, FSA Triple Chainset, Tektro Oryx Canti-lever Brakes) all work faultlessly. The wheels are strong 32 spoke rims built using Shimano Deore LX Hubs, and are fitted with Swalbe Marathon Tyres. The saddle is a Selle Italia Gel model (no rips/tears), and there are also two new bottle holders and a rear luggage rack fitted.

I am 5'9" and the frame is a little too big for me so I would estimate it as being a size L (56cm). I am looking for offers of around £400, as it really is virtually unused.

Regards

John

message sent

OP
OP
JPBoothy

JPBoothy

Veteran
Hi, I have lots of photos but I'm not sure how to attach them :wacko:

I think there is too much risk of damage involved with using a courier for a bike, but if you wanted to organise one that's up to you.

OP
OP
JPBoothy

JPBoothy

Veteran
Thanks for the advice. It was the age of it that is throwing me regardless of its great condition. I'm sure that my late friend would have appreciated that his bike is going to be enjoyed by another fellow cyclist so the money is not a big issue really - John

Brandane

Legendary Member
Thanks for the advice. It was the age of it that is throwing me regardless of its great condition. I'm sure that my late friend would have appreciated that his bike is going to be enjoyed by another fellow cyclist so the money is not a big issue really - John
Message sent!

Brandane

Legendary Member
The sizes are as follows -
TT Length - 57cm
Seat Tube Length - 55cm
TT standover height - 81cm

Regards

John
Sorry to be a PITA, but it would appear that the 2008 Galaxy/Super Galaxy came with either a 54 or 57 (or 60) cm seat tube.
I reckon a 54 would be too small for me, so I am just trying to make sure of the sizing here. I am assuming you are measuring from the very top of the tube (i.e. at the top edge of the seat clamp) to the centre of the bottom bracket? i.e. measurement "A" in this diagram:
frame_measurements.gif
If it's a 57cm then I am interested; if a 54cm then it won't be much use I'm afraid.

OP
OP
JPBoothy

JPBoothy

Veteran
You are not a PITA, as I have had bikes at the wrong size and they really are bad news. I've just popped to the garage and re-measured and it is 54cm without the collar itself. The TT is so much longer than my own 54cm Cross Bike though. Sorry, but it doesn't sound like your size does it.

Thanks for your interest and good luck with your search.

Regards

John

Katherine

Guru
I have a 2014 Dawes Super Galaxy and it's a more stretched out sort of feel to my old road bike but it didn't take long to get used to it.

Top Bottom