Day 3 - Olympic track races - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
Someone keeps taking a pot-shot at the teams as they ride passed in the team pursuit! Is it an angry trainer who wants to 'gee' his team up a bit? :tongue:

It's the finishing gun that marks the end of the race.

These days the overtaking team have to keep on going to record a time for seeding in the next round, but when it was knockout heats a race finished at the catch.

gavintc

Guru
Ludwig said:
I loathe this "Team GB" nonsense and why can't the racing be done around the athletics track in front of 90,000 people. You have motor bike racing on flat tracks so why not cycling? Also there is no atmosphere in the velodrome. It is livelier at your local bingo night.

A bizarre comment. I really do not think that you have thought this through other than to display your rather strange opinions.

Dayvo said:
There seems to be no end of swimming events (I'll check later) but the cycling events are limited!

I'm sure there's a world-wide chav conspiracy against cyclist! ;) :ohmy:

On BBC this morning Chris Boardman mentioned there are 36 swimming events:ohmy:

So that's 108 medals up for grabs.

Perhaps we should lobby for riding the current set of allowed events, but all of them in several different ways, e.g. no-hands, sitting backwards etc., etc.:ohmy:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yes, I like it, if we allowed a no-hands or sitting backwards or something in every event we'd be on parity with swimming.

Top Bottom