Day 6 - this is the first BMX track day-spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Okay it's not quite track as we know it but the BMX course looks like it's going to claim a fair few victims. Shanaze Reade off on her attempt at the first corner and in the mens heats three off in the same place. Shanaze second faster qualifier to go through.

I'm not sure I'd want to try that start ramp. ;)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
She looked great in the second lap. She's the coolest girl in school, isn't she!

mondobongo

Über Member
The racing is going to better tomorrow in groups of 8 rather than against the clock its gonna be rad.

Losidan

reade will wipe the floor with them. we should of sent Batey for the mens but phillips gave it a shot.

Losidan

alecstilleyedye said:
i think if the women's individual sprint competition had been finished off earlier in the proceedings, we'd have seen shanaze and vicky p contest the final.
i am sick of being asked if i can do many stunts or being told my bike is too small for me.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Losidan said:
i am sick of being asked if i can do many stunts or being told my bike is too small for me.

Why? That's what they were originally for... I used to do plenty of stunts on my BMX (as well as racing them, back when it was still a kid's thing). They are meant to be for fun, not some kind of technial instrument with a proper use... we do sometimes get rather too precious about our bikes! ;)

Losidan

Flying_Monkey said:
Why? That's what they were originally for... I used to do plenty of stunts on my BMX (as well as racing them, back when it was still a kid's thing). They are meant to be for fun, not some kind of technial instrument with a proper use... we do sometimes get rather too precious about our bikes! ;)

I personally dont get precious about it. It is understandable if you dont have an interest in the sport. It is just after the umptenth time you get it said it gets a bit tedious. Mind you if someone asked me to explain the offside rule I'd probably just look cross eyed and splutter.
It's just people associate BMX with the X games now...I can understand why cos it is so accesible on the TV and racing gets nothing like a look in. To be fair i usually just laugh along and say I am good at skidding.

mondobongo

Über Member
She was warned apparently that it was a big risk to attempt to completely jump the last set of triples and if she got it wrong she would plant it. But decided to go for it anyway, hats off to her for not holding back and going for it but it cost her a medal.

Top Bottom