1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day ride

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by BentMikey, 23 Dec 2007.

1. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Not really a tour, but I'm most likely going to be riding back from the in-laws near Stowmarket to Biggin Hill after Boxing day, and I'm quite looking forward to it. Co-incidentally this is very close to the Dunwich Dynamo route, so I've been a little lazy and downloaded a Dunwich GPS file, and will join that route at Bildeston. Quite excited!

2. Brock

Brock Senior Member

That's a long run, hope the weather is favourable, think you might be battling the wind the whole way :tongue:

3. OP
    OP
    BentMikey

Well, I'm sitting in a Harvester about 100km into the ride, just over halfway. Great fun, the roads are a bit damp but otherwise it's ocasionally a little sunny and mild. Very pleasant!

4. Brock

Brock Senior Member

;)
    Quick steak and chips with a pint of John Smiths?

5. OP
    OP
    BentMikey

Oh well, I packed it in at Lewisham, my knee hurt too much by then. It was a combination of grinding into a 20mph headwind all the way, and a slightly mis-aligned cleat. I'm glad I was on the bent though, as that headwind was feersum.

6. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Oh! FAIL!
    So close too. :?:

7. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

Mikey which Dynamos have you been on?

8. OP
    OP
    BentMikey

Only the 2005 mate, how about you?