Day Trips - Glasgow and West

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Pleased to say that Mrs Gti and I have bought a plot at Balquhidder so in a year or two we will be able to enjoy some car-borne cycling trips to highlands and islands. To allay any boredom after a busy working life I hope to offer my part-time services to the bike hire place down in Strathyre or even offer a bike repair service to folk passing through on the Sustrans route. Cant wait!

OP
OP
W

Willie Erskine

Über Member
Bobby and Bruce (couple of guid Scots names there- would almost work together as a pair lol) My brother did the 5 ferries last month and I have considered it. Need a bit more fitness to tackle the hills first. While doing a bit for my fitness/weight I do like to travel and get to new places. Fancy finding the route from Invergarry to Skye that passes Kinlochhourn and Corran. Have heard it's a bit of a carry rather than cycle but will give it a go.

viniga

Guru
My only cycle trip in the area was from Glasgow to Tighnabruich via Dunoon, great day out. Challenging hills, quiet roads and breathtaking scenery. Good for the soul, 'll be back. Did a wee trip to Rothesay next day and will be back there later in the year. Rothesay and of course Millport are great for family runs too being mainly flat with quiet roads.

Twilkes

Guru
For anyone who knows Cowal, am I missing out on any good roads on this route? The east/west Otter Ferry/Glendaruel/Sandbank road seems popular but I want to go round Ardentinny to Strachur again, and the coastal road on the west side looks like some pleasant cycling. I'd do it in whichever direction gave me a tailwind past Otter Ferry,

https://www.strava.com/routes/2748626785228227992

Top Bottom