1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

De-lurked

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Mac66, 15 Feb 2008.

1. Mac66

Mac66 Senior Member

Hi everyone. Finally decided to stop hiding in the dark corners of the Cafe because the smell of tea and cake was too much to resist.

I understand that Lord of the Teapot is in charge of tea distribution - mines white no sugar thanks, but who do I see to get cake?

2. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

When you can handle having a ferret in your trousers for a month

3. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

It depends. If you want expensive cake, you'll have to ask around, but if you'll settle for a reduced to clear swiss roll from Morrisons, I can probably oblige....:smile:

And welcome!

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Welcome aboard Mac, what kind of cycling are you into?

5. Arch

Stop sidetracking about inconsequential detail, we're talking about cake here....:smile:

6. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

Well if you made to Bristol before tea tonight you could have left over Orange and Poppy Seed birthday cake..... but after that it will be gone:biggrin:.

Welcome:smile:

7. Mac66

Mac66 Senior Member

As an aside to the important cake issue, I mostly be riding a road bike, Spesh Allez, that's getting a bit past its sell by date and which I do a 16 mile round trip commute to work on every day as well, so I'm saving (dreaming?) for something a bit more sexy for when I finally get the courage to join the local road club.

8. Landslide

Landslide Rare Migrant

I like your sense of priority!
    :smile:

9. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Have you been lurking long Mac? Was it the fair Arch whose exquisite charms tempted you out of the shadows?

10. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Welcome, and tell us about yourself - how old's the Allez - nothing like a bit of tinkering and a good service/replace worn parts for that new bike feeling....

11. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Welcome, Mac66 and out you jolly well . . .!
    AND all you OTHER lurkers! Come and join the party and get some cake.
    But only once you've 'exposed' yourselves!

12. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

if your local club is like mine, don't think you have to have a £2k carbon dream machine to join in. i did my first club run and event on a bog standard carrera virtuoso (which is now completely upgraded, a result of starting to fiddle with the gearing), so your spesh allez is nowt to be ashamed of.

if your local club is too snobby, find another one. i'd recommend going for it though. riding in a group is good fun, and you'll pick up a lot of knowledge too. and our saturday club run always stops for cake. :smile:

13. Arch

Exquisite charms? Are we talking about the same person here?:smile:

14. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Hi there and welcome to the madhouse Mac66. A Spes. Allez is quite a good bike. With a bit of TLC and maybe a few upgrades this bike will do you well for years to come.

15. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i hope the mac in your username refers to something appley.