De-lurked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mac66

Hi everyone. Finally decided to stop hiding in the dark corners of the Cafe because the smell of tea and cake was too much to resist.

I understand that Lord of the Teapot is in charge of tea distribution - mines white no sugar thanks, but who do I see to get cake?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
When you can handle having a ferret in your trousers for a month

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mac66 said:
Hi everyone. Finally decided to stop hiding in the dark corners of the Cafe because the smell of tea and cake was too much to resist.

I understand that Lord of the Teapot is in charge of tea distribution - mines white no sugar thanks, but who do I see to get cake?

It depends. If you want expensive cake, you'll have to ask around, but if you'll settle for a reduced to clear swiss roll from Morrisons, I can probably oblige....:smile:

And welcome!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well if you made to Bristol before tea tonight you could have left over Orange and Poppy Seed birthday cake..... but after that it will be gone:biggrin:.

Welcome:smile:

OP
OP
Mac66

Mac66

As an aside to the important cake issue, I mostly be riding a road bike, Spesh Allez, that's getting a bit past its sell by date and which I do a 16 mile round trip commute to work on every day as well, so I'm saving (dreaming?) for something a bit more sexy for when I finally get the courage to join the local road club.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Have you been lurking long Mac? Was it the fair Arch whose exquisite charms tempted you out of the shadows?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Welcome, and tell us about yourself - how old's the Allez - nothing like a bit of tinkering and a good service/replace worn parts for that new bike feeling....

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Mac66 said:
As an aside to the important cake issue, I mostly be riding a road bike, Spesh Allez, that's getting a bit past its sell by date and which I do a 16 mile round trip commute to work on every day as well, so I'm saving (dreaming?) for something a bit more sexy for when I finally get the courage to join the local road club.

if your local club is like mine, don't think you have to have a £2k carbon dream machine to join in. i did my first club run and event on a bog standard carrera virtuoso (which is now completely upgraded, a result of starting to fiddle with the gearing), so your spesh allez is nowt to be ashamed of.

if your local club is too snobby, find another one. i'd recommend going for it though. riding in a group is good fun, and you'll pick up a lot of knowledge too. and our saturday club run always stops for cake. :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
Have you been lurking long Mac? Was it the fair Arch whose exquisite charms tempted you out of the shadows?

Exquisite charms? Are we talking about the same person here?:smile:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hi there and welcome to the madhouse Mac66. A Spes. Allez is quite a good bike. With a bit of TLC and maybe a few upgrades this bike will do you well for years to come.

Top Bottom