Dear Knog, it's over, I can't be with you anymore.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Hi Guys, Sean here from Knog.

First off, sorry to hear about your lights and the situation you have had regarding their durability. We do recommend that all Knog lights are used on bars and posts with a diameter of 22-32mm as any larger may compromise the usability of the light. However, we do understand that sometimes issues occur and products can break. Therefore Knog does offer a 2-year warranty on all of our products, and will happily replace any faulty product for a brand new fully functioning replacement (please contact peeps@knog.com.au for further assistance). Apologies if this was not communicated well in the email correspondence you had with Knog previously.

We do endeavuor to improve the design and functionality of Knog products and certain issues such as switch functionality and battery drainage have been resolved as of batched products dated from late 2011 to early 2012. However, if you do have problems then we would be more than happy to resolve these for you.

HUGE kudos to you for replying. As I tried to explain on my post I really want to love your products! I will be in touch.

Sara_H

Guru
You should try Knogs cheap cousin from decathlon.
We've had them for a couple of years, no problems.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Well, Santa brought me my first Knog light – a Blinder™ front (4 LED GT Stripe), and I'm very happy with it. I was considering purchasing a matching rear, but I'll maybe see if the front lasts a few months commuting first! Nice to see Sean from Knog participating in this thread though – hope you get sorted AC :thumbsup:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I won a Knog Arc front light in last years Veloviewer challenge. Impressive light to see with and reasonable battery life but the rubber strap leaves a lot to be desired. The light kept slipping every time the road got rough and either ended up pointing at the ground or the sky. I pushed it back into position so often that the rubber strap eventually broke. Give Knog their due, when I emailed about it they did send another strap in the post.

ScotiaLass

Guru
they are on a par with the dirt cheap ones from plaent-x but cost loads more.

come on over to Lezyne. you know you want to.
Mr SL gave me two Lezyne front lights and a rear one. Absolutely fab lights!

Last edited:

Hip Priest

Veteran
I've got a Knog computer on my work bike which has reliably done the business for the last 3 years.

I'm not pouring scorn on any of the horror stories here, just giving credit where its due!

Just been going through my old lights, found a knog. A front light.

It's design features.

Protruding rubberised nipple switch virtually guaranteed to go off in your pocket/bag.

(Which rather negates the hip vision of you rolling up and detaching its band from bike in a cool move since the only way i have figured out of it retaining its charge is to leave it on the bike)

Battery replacement involves an operation somewhere between disembowling and peeling a springy condom off a very odd penis.

And then trying to put the guts back in (without wrecking the inner workings) and put tight springy condom back on.

Final act of design genius. When you get the rubbery blob apart to put the new batteries in the polarity markings are all but invisible.

Edit ok maybe battery drainage in pocket has since been sorted but somewhere i have another knog light of a different later design which still has the same issue. Gawd knows why it took until 2012 to, hopefully, correct an issue a chimp would have spotted even before a prototype was produced.

Smart, cateye and hope for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom