Dear Knog, it's over, I can't be with you anymore.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Dear Knog,

I'm sorry but we're finished. This morning I found something I hoped I wouldn't see again, a snapped rear light laying on the ground under my road bike, and it's the final straw, I gave you one more chance and you blew it.

I remember when I first started to notice you about town, on other folks' bikes, you gave me a cheeky wink and I had to find out more. I asked some friends about you and they said you were pretty cool; a new way of fixing lights to bikes, small, efficient and unobtrusive. I'd grown jaded with the enormous 'Ever Ready' types lights I'd had in the past, in my youth, and I was ready to try a new relationship.

I bought my first pair of Knog lights at my local Halfords and we had a wonderful honeymoon period together, but after a couple of weeks the front light stopped working. These things happen, and all relationships have a few bumps in the road early on, but when I spoke to Knog HQ they wouldn't help me without my purchase receipt. What did they think I'd bought? Faulty lights from a different bicycle light manufacturer, also called Knog?

I like to try and see the best in everyone, so went out and bought another set of Knog lights, but within a few months both had snapped; the tubes on my Single Speed bike are quite broad, so i must admit I did blame myself.

A loved one gave me another set of Knogs as a birthday present so I put them on my road bike, a bike with nice narrow tubes. Things were great for a while, and I thought that maybe you had changed, but a few weeks later the red Knog light on my helmet snapped off. This was only the start of our problems.

Out of seven Knog lights I have only one still works in the way intended. I wanted you to meet my MTB one day, but now that won't happen.

It was fun while it lasted, but it just didn't last very long.

I'm sorry you had to find out this way, but I just can't be with someone I can't trust. I've started seeing someone else, now I'm with a Cree L.E.D light that treats me right, and cost me half what you did.

I hope you find your feet and develop into a proud reliable product, and who knows, maybe we'll meet again in the future, in happier times, and maybe you'll earn my trust again.

Goodbye.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1358079867.084737.jpg

Amen to that. I've had my share of problems with Knog lights, water ingress, intermittent switches and just not working mainly.

Nothing to your extent AC, but certainly enough to stop me ever buying them again.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Amen to that. I've had my share of problems with Knog lights, water ingress, intermittent switches and just not working mainly.

Nothing to your extent AC, but certainly enough to stop me ever buying them again.

Someone gave me one of the first design Knogs, when the battery karks it you have to remove the circuit board from the inside of the light. Nuts.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I had no idea they were bad, I have a set of Frog Strobes on my helmet and a friend has had the old little Frogs for maybe 2 years now without a problem and left on the bike a number of times in rain, even snow. Not that id use them as a main light anyway ;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
they are on a par with the dirt cheap ones from plaent-x but cost loads more.

come on over to Lezyne. you know you want to.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Careful now, I bought three of their femto back upsvtobreplace my OG frogs. The rear one lasted my trip to holland then borked as it's seemingly made of cheese and has a massive dent in it.
wow. that is dreadful and not at all in accord with their brand values.

Looking at it now, what it seems to have done is dented the edge of the metal in so that the lens is permanently depressed which has either drained the battery or shorted the circuits... I think it was done by the saddlebag.

SeanKnog

Hi Guys, Sean here from Knog.

First off, sorry to hear about your lights and the situation you have had regarding their durability. We do recommend that all Knog lights are used on bars and posts with a diameter of 22-32mm as any larger may compromise the usability of the light. However, we do understand that sometimes issues occur and products can break. Therefore Knog does offer a 2-year warranty on all of our products, and will happily replace any faulty product for a brand new fully functioning replacement (please contact peeps@knog.com.au for further assistance). Apologies if this was not communicated well in the email correspondence you had with Knog previously.

We do endeavuor to improve the design and functionality of Knog products and certain issues such as switch functionality and battery drainage have been resolved as of batched products dated from late 2011 to early 2012. However, if you do have problems then we would be more than happy to resolve these for you.

Top Bottom